Good news

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Good news

Postby Discworldpadawan » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Once you get used to the accent, Still game is one of the finest British Comedies you could come across Sister Jennifer! Just finished season 6 last night, and moving onto the christmas / hogmanay special's now. By the by, when Sir Terry came up with the idea of Hogswatch, I wonder if he took inspiration from Scottish Hogmanay? Never thought of it before, just crossed my mind as I wrote this post :lol: :lol:
A Nod is the same as a wink to a blind horse . . .
Discworldpadawan

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:30 pm

I watched an episode with Big Innes in it, I've seen that actor in other things. It's very funny.

Innes helping Isa carry her stove into the flat then using her toilet... Oh. My. Actual. God.

Sorry, I've forgotten what this topic is about, I'll be quiet now.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Discworldpadawan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:18 am

Haha yes that is a good episode! Dont give him any Midori!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
A Nod is the same as a wink to a blind horse . . .
Discworldpadawan

Postby Mixa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:53 pm

I didn't see this topic before! This news are better than expected!

As far as I'm concerned, I liked “I shall wear midnight” as the end of the Tiffany serie but any new Discworld novel is more than welcome!

Mx

P.D. Who's Wee Dug, have I read it wrong or did you say you chatted with Terry Pratchett? I'm amazed! :o
The good judgement is in the little book
Mixa

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Mixa, Terry is a very chatty man when he's at conventions and such. He is funny and takes a real interest in his fans. He sometimes wears a badge with a name on that isn't his - this is a sign that he wants a bit of private time. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Yeah - his do not disturb badge is Silas T Firefly usually. But you can still buy him a brandy :shifty:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Penfold » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:31 pm

I can very much confirm what Tony said about him being a very chatty and friendly fellow (so is Rob, his P.A.). I was lucky enough to be able to have coffee with him at the last convention (it is an arranged event for him to sit down and chat with around twelve fans in a private room over tea and biscuits, the attendees being decided by 'lottery'). It was quite a nerve racking experience to begin with but he is such a nice guy he soon put us at our ease and we were all quickly chatting like old friends. :D

Jan is also right; If in any doubt, the offer of alcohol always goes down well. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:17 pm

Mixa wrote:I didn't see this topic before! This news are better than expected!

As far as I'm concerned, I liked “I shall wear midnight” as the end of the Tiffany serie but any new Discworld novel is more than welcome!

Mx

P.D. Who's Wee Dug, have I read it wrong or did you say you chatted with Terry Pratchett? I'm amazed! :o

Like a few people probably one or two on the forum I known Terry for years, before he got mega famous. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Mixa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Wow! According to Frigyes Karinthy’s hypothesis… I’m just one link to Sir Terry! That’s more than amazing! It’s a blessing! :angelic-blueglow:

And about his personality… I’m not amazed. Someone that writes like that must be so special and nice! Wow… tea and biscuits with Terry Pratchet… What more could you want in life? :mrgreen:

Mx

P.D. I know that would be quite improbable but…
do you know if he’ll be hanging around Barcelona the 23th of this month (Sant Jordi, the book’s day in Catalonia)?
The good judgement is in the little book
Mixa

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm

He would have at Satellite 4 the largest annual Eastercon over Easter weekend but pulled out for reasons unkown. :cry:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett