Need the hive brain!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Need the hive brain!

Postby Tenneba » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:03 am

Hello all.

Does anyone know where (book and about where, since page numbers differ so) the Senior Wrangler is described as looking like a horse? If I can find it, it will finish out my analysis of Sir Pratchett's Horatian Satire in character creation just beautifully. It is listed on a wiki as being so; my friend thinks she remembers it being so. However, I have looked and looked and cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks so much!
Tenneba

Re: Need the hive brain!

Postby Quatermass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 am

Reaper Man, page 37 in my paperback edition. It's a footnote, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby Tenneba » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. Of course, it makes the "discovery" I thought I had made a bit obvious, but at least I can go on! I spent probably 7 hours looking for that. Got to re-read (in a fast skim) several books, which was fun, but not what I needed to be doing in a time crunch to finish this!

I knew that if you asked the right people the answer would appear. And you are the "right people!" I thank you, my thesis thanks you, and my family, who would like to see more than my back someday, thanks you.

Tenneba
Tenneba

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:42 pm

When you get time come back and join the merry banter. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Thu May 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Quatermass wrote:Reaper Man, page 37 in my paperback edition. It's a footnote, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

I'm impressed Q :)

How are you btw. I unpacked the book you gave me way back when. Thank you for that.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Fri May 09, 2014 10:13 am

Del wrote:
Quatermass wrote:Reaper Man, page 37 in my paperback edition. It's a footnote, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

I'm impressed Q :)

How are you btw. I unpacked the book you gave me way back when. Thank you for that.

1. I thought it was in Reaper Man, because I vaguely remembered the footnote. It was a matter of tracking down the right page. If it wasn't, I would have probably tried either Moving Pictures, Hogfather, or The Science of Discworld.

2. Depressed and anxious, but managing to get through things.

3. You're welcome. That was A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold, wasn't it?

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Postby wicked woman » Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 am

3. You're welcome. That was A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold, wasn't it?[/quote]
Oh, I like that book. Have got several Miles books actually. The're great. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Quatermass » Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 am

wicked woman wrote:Oh, I like that book. Have got several Miles books actually. The're great. :D

I was put onto the Vorkosigan Saga by a friend, and I've never regretted it. :)

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Return to The Broken Drum