Need the hive brain!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Need the hive brain!

Postby Tenneba » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:03 am

Hello all.

Does anyone know where (book and about where, since page numbers differ so) the Senior Wrangler is described as looking like a horse? If I can find it, it will finish out my analysis of Sir Pratchett's Horatian Satire in character creation just beautifully. It is listed on a wiki as being so; my friend thinks she remembers it being so. However, I have looked and looked and cannot find it anywhere!

Thanks so much!
Tenneba

Re: Need the hive brain!

Postby Quatermass » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 am

Reaper Man, page 37 in my paperback edition. It's a footnote, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tenneba » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. Of course, it makes the "discovery" I thought I had made a bit obvious, but at least I can go on! I spent probably 7 hours looking for that. Got to re-read (in a fast skim) several books, which was fun, but not what I needed to be doing in a time crunch to finish this!

I knew that if you asked the right people the answer would appear. And you are the "right people!" I thank you, my thesis thanks you, and my family, who would like to see more than my back someday, thanks you.

Tenneba
Tenneba

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:42 pm

When you get time come back and join the merry banter. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Thu May 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Quatermass wrote:Reaper Man, page 37 in my paperback edition. It's a footnote, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

I'm impressed Q :)

How are you btw. I unpacked the book you gave me way back when. Thank you for that.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Fri May 09, 2014 10:13 am

Del wrote:
Quatermass wrote:Reaper Man, page 37 in my paperback edition. It's a footnote, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

I'm impressed Q :)

How are you btw. I unpacked the book you gave me way back when. Thank you for that.

1. I thought it was in Reaper Man, because I vaguely remembered the footnote. It was a matter of tracking down the right page. If it wasn't, I would have probably tried either Moving Pictures, Hogfather, or The Science of Discworld.

2. Depressed and anxious, but managing to get through things.

3. You're welcome. That was A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold, wasn't it?
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby wicked woman » Fri May 09, 2014 10:41 am

3. You're welcome. That was A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold, wasn't it?[/quote]
Oh, I like that book. Have got several Miles books actually. The're great. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Quatermass » Fri May 09, 2014 10:51 am

wicked woman wrote:Oh, I like that book. Have got several Miles books actually. The're great. :D

I was put onto the Vorkosigan Saga by a friend, and I've never regretted it. :)

-the Master
Quatermass

Return to The Broken Drum